On his actual birthday, we went to a dental party held by one of the offices that Jeremy refers to. In the past it was a food truck rally, so Jaxon wanted to go. This year there were no food trucks though and it was a bit of a disappointment.
Since it was a school night we had to keep the party short.
A few days after his birthday we went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner as a family and then got some cheesecake and dessert from the Cheesecake Factory. It was a fun week celebrating his 16th birthday!
16 Things We Love About Jaxon:
- His ability to make people at ease. He is so easy to talk to and carries on conversations with the very young all the way to the very old. People just connect with him.
- His laugh. I will never tire of his giggle. It is the best when his giggle becomes contagious.
- He works hard in school and earns good grades. He got straight A's last year. High school has been a bit of an adjustment. More responsibilities. But he is getting things figured out and is doing great!
- I love it when he has friends over. He has a great group of friends.
- He keeps telling me that now that he is 16 people want him to ask out their friends. People will come up to him and say, "So-and-so has a crush on you. You should ask her out." He gets embarrassed as he never knows what to say. He is so modest about the matter.
- Still loves those Spurs! He is one loyal fan.
- He makes his bed every day. I never have to ask him or remind him. Now if he would just put those decorative pillows on his bed after it was made....
- He has found that he likes to tinker around in the kitchen. His specialties are scotcharoos and peanut butter cookies.
- We went to Hawaii in April and has faithfully worn his EA (lava lava) every week to church since then. He enjoys the compliments and stares.
- He is still a good communicator. I love when we are able to chat one on one.
- His one handsome boy! His eyes still sparkle when he smiles and laughs.
- He is helps around the house and the yard a lot. Just make sure he has his headphones and a good playlist.
- Speaking of playlists, Jaxon has an old soul. He loves the music that I grew up with. I will often find him listening to Micheal Jackson and other 80s music. Not sure he likes that I sing along though.
- He is very polite and respectful.
- He is a good friend to his brothers. He and McKay are especially close, but Jaxon is always showing Josh and Kayden funny videos on social media so they can all have a good laugh together.
- He still tells me he loves me and says good night to us every night. He still has his tender side.