Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Things the New Year Brings

We are well into the new year and the kids are back at school. We had our first homework war of the year on Monday. I hated homework as a kid, now I hate it just as much. I enjoyed not having to do homework during the holidays. So this is one thing the new year has brought.
The second is the banishment of treats. I found two leftover boxes of homemade chocolates on my counter on Sunday. I haven't had any. I was so horrible over the holidays and my Wii Fit has confirmed that I am "overweight". Needless to say, I haven't had any sugar for three days.
The third is obvious because of the second. I have made my way back to the treadmill. I run two miles everyday. I strategically place bean bags and cushions around the treadmill so my crawling one year old won't get hurt. This morning, however, one of my carefully place cushions was knocked onto my treadmill by my playful four year old, which tripped me, resulting in treadmill burns on my legs and a sore hip and back. So the new year has brought pain.
These are just three of the obvious things that the new year has brought. I look at them now and they all sound negative. The truth is this: First- my kids are smart and normal. I would worry if they LOVED homework. Second- treats aren't bad, just too many of them are. And third- I enjoy running and am looking forward to warmer weather so I can run outside. I plan on running a 5k in June. So bring it on! What else is in store for the White House?

* I have a friend that always posts questions at the bottom of her blog. I am going to occasionally copy her.
** What are your New Years resolutions? Are you keeping them?

1 comment:

  1. I loved this blog! Doesn't it feel good to just get it all out? I hear you with the treats (just finished a cookie - oops) and the treadmill (though mine hasn't hurt me). However, I always loved homework (except math), so I don't get that one. Did you see my resolutions?

    ReplyDelete