Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Field Trip By McKay

This is my first time blogging, so you'll have to tell me how good I am. Today I went on a field trip to the State Capital Building and the Utah Pioneer Museum. My bus number was 98-595. We are studying the government, so Mr. Larson (my teacher) thought it would be cool if we set our class up like the actual government. I am the head of the supreme court five, Mckenna H. is the class governor, Isea is the table representative, and Izak is the senator of my section of the class.

This is a picture of me in front of the State Capital Building (In green):

This is the room where the representatives meet to decide on new laws in this room. It has seventy-five desks so it can't be a tied vote. 70% of the representatives are a republican. They serve for two years.

This is the room where the senators meet to decide on the new laws. Again 70% of the senators are republicans. They serve for four years. This room has 29 desks so it won't be a tied vote.

This is a picture of the room where the supreme five do the thing they do. They can serve as long as they want, but if your bad you get kicked off. The only other ways you stop being a judge are you die, or you quit.

This is the ceiling of the State Capital Building dome. If you look really close you can see seagulls.

This is the room where if the Governor meets with someone important like the president of the United States where to meet with the Governor. This room has bullet proof windows and metallic curtains (if you where to put a bomb outside the curtains the bomb would not effect the inside).

This is a copy of the liberty bell:

Although you might say I'm weird but this is a picture of the boy's bathroom:

This is the senator for Provo and Springville:

This is marble from the building:

This is a statue of a guy with a machine gun and a rifle:

This is a glass picture of a women and two children:

This is a old fashion fire truck:

If you look really close you can see a Roman city on the quilt:

This is me and my friends after the scavenger hunt: (from left to right-Kallin, Jonah, Wyatt, Karigan, and Me)

I took this picture of the State Capital Building because I was board of waiting for everyone:

I'm glad it didn't rain on us while we where on the field trip!

2 comments:

  1. Oh McKay... bravo! You taught me some things, so thank you for that. And I love your pictures, especially of the boys' bathroom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. McKay... I loved all of your pictures and all of the great information that you shared! I am glad it didn't rain on you too. I can't wait for Olivia to go on this field trip next year... I'll have to remember to send a camera with her so she can be a photojournalist too!

    ReplyDelete