Friday, May 4, 2012

Webelos Award

Jaxon received his Webelos Badge in pack meeting last week. We worked really hard to get everything accomplished in time for pack meeting.  As I was walking up to the front to receive the mother's pin, they asked Jaxon if his mom helped him a lot with earning his badge.  He said, "No, my dad helped me.  My mom didn't do anything."  Huh?  Dad did what?  To set the record straight here, I am the one who helped him memorize the scout law and oath and talk about their meanings.  It is MY initials that are in his scout book.  I earned that mother's pin and I will wear it proudly!  (In Jaxon's defense, his dad did help him with a scout science experiment earlier in the week.  Perhaps he was confused.)

Jaxon has great Webelos leaders: Brother McEwan and Brother Evenson.  They have helped Jaxon stay excited about scouts and they have done a lot of fun things with their troop.  I am thankful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment