Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Harvest Time

The Fall brings harvest time.  Only this year, I have no garden to harvest.  That didn't stop me from harvesting everyone else's garden.  This year I harvested salsa, jalapeno jelly, peaches, grape juice and applesauce all from other people's garden.
 
 Kayden helped pick grapes.  There were a lot of grapes!  He was a good helper.

 
Bottling grape juice.  So simple yet it takes forever.  For next year my friend and I came up with a plan to use two juicers at once to make it go by faster.  This year I used just her juicer, but I ordered my own.  Next year we will have two!
 
I have to show off my grape juice.  It is so pretty all sealed up in bottles.  The lighter pink bottles are from green grapes and it sure is tasty!  All that food harvested, what a sense of accomplishment!

As I bottled applesauce today, I sat and thought about my mom and grandma.  They were major bottlers.  Sure love them.  When I was younger, I swore I would never bottle food.  Too much work.  All it took was for me to inherit my grandmother's steamer and bottling equipment and I caught the buzz.  Never say never, eh?  Happy Fall Harvest!

1 comment:

  1. Wow--I am so impressed! What fun it will be for you to have a sip of summer in the chilling winter months. Or. . .you could just sit and look at it all on the shelves--the bottles are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete