Sunday, November 24, 2013

Josh's Week in Review

Josh has had a big week.  Remember his birthday party last week at Hang Time?  Well apparently he injured himself while he was there.  He had been complaining about his heel hurting for about a week but Jeremy and I just kept blowing it off thinking the pain would go away or that Josh would forget about it.  Well, long story short we were at a BYU basketball game a few days after his birthday party and suddenly Josh burst into tears saying over and over again that his heel hurt.  We decided it was time to do something.  So I took him into Instacare the next morning.  After a series of tests and x-rays, it was determined that Josh has a strained Achilles Tendon.  He now is in a boot for the next 1-2 weeks: 
Stylin'

A close up shot.

As I was taking him to school after he had been fitted for his boot, I told him everyone would want to know what happened to his foot.  He asked me if he could tell everyone that it was none of their business.  I told him he couldn't say that because the people that asked cared about him.  I had him practice over and over, "I strained my Achilles Tendon."  After school, I asked him about what he told people.  He told me, "I said to them that I broke my muscle."  I guess that explanation works too.

The next event in Josh's week was he earned his Wolf award at Pack Meeting.  I went with McKay to Mesquite (more on that later), so I missed pack meeting.  Thankfully Dad stepped in and was there with Josh to receive his award.

While Mom is away, Dad will play.  Jeremy gave Josh a faux-hawk without Josh knowing it.  Josh usually is very particular about the way his hair is combed.  He likes it to look nice.  Jeremy distracted him after he finished combing his hair so Josh wouldn't know about his faux-hawk.  Then to prove he got away with it, he snapped a picture and sent it to me.

The final event in Josh's week was we found this while at church today:

Josh's first gray hair.  Don't you think 9 years old is a little young to be finding gray hairs?

All in all it has been a big week for Josh.  Who knows what will be next?!

No comments:

Post a Comment