Friday, April 18, 2014

My Roots

My Uncle Verl, my dad's oldest brother, passed away a couple of weeks ago. His funeral was held in Bountiful where my dad grew up.  After the funeral, we went to eat with my cousins, parents, brother and other family members.  It was great to be with family.  Little did I know that the restaurant we were at was located on the same property that my dad's grandparents owned and lived on when he was a boy.
 
 
My dad told me the apricot trees that are located on the far side of the property (in the middle of the picture) were there when he was a boy.  The trees were in bloom and were beautiful.  It was neat to think that my Great Grandma and Grandpa Haacke planted those trees and picked apricots from them.

My dad then told me that he grew up next door to his Grandma and Grandpa.  This was his childhood house.  His dad built it.  I felt a connection to my roots that afternoon.  Family is awesome.  Especially mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment