Saturday, March 21, 2009

Karate Kids







If you could only hear Jeremy break into the song from Karate Kid when Daniel was in the Tournament...."Your the best, around! Nothin' is ever gonna keep you down..." He couldn't help it today as today was tournament day for my two Karate Kids. It was nerve racking but fun to watch them do their forms (a series of kicks, blocks and punches) and then sparring (when they beat each other up). Encouraging your kids to kick and hit other kids is not my usual form of practice, but I sure cheered them on today. Jaxon took first place in his group in both forms and sparring and McKay took third place in both forms and sparring in his group. We were super proud of them. They are "The best around!" So don't beat up on my kids, you might get more than you bargained for!
The above pictures: McKay doing his form called Won Hyo, McKay blocking a kick while punching the side of his opponent's head during sparring (McKay is on the left), McKay with his third place metals, Jaxon doing his form called KiCho, Jaxon throwing some punches in sparring (Jaxon is on the right), Jaxon holding up his first place trophies with pride.

* Do you remember watching the Karate Kid?
**Do you get nervous for your kids when they perform? I do!
***How do you post pictures throughout your blog instead of just at the top? Anyone have any pointers?

4 comments:

  1. I remember Karate Kid, but I don't remember that song at all... even after reading those lyrics twice. Huh.
    I do get nervous watching my kids perform; and as I've watched the NCAA, it makes me realize how much more nervous I can be (when it shows the parents of kids who are making last-minute points/mistakes). I don't have the stomach for it. Thank goodness for Craig.
    YES! Once your pictures are uploaded, you can click on them and drag them down to where you want them to go. If you don't have any luck with that, call me and we'll discuss. And by the way... CONGRATS MCKAY AND JAXON! They're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I especially loved the link to the you tube video. The Karate Kid is one of my favorite movies growning up. I thought he was so cute.

    I do get nervous for my kids, although my only forum has been in the loving atmosphere of the Little Gym for gymnastics and the ever popular Primary Program.

    Yes one of the things that drives me nuts about blogger is how all the picture end up on the top until I learned you could click and drag to where you want them to be. Just stick some space inbetween and type away.

    Sorry for the novel. I always love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Jaxon and McKay! You must be so proud of them! I think I get MORE nervous than my kids do when they are going to perform.

    I loved the Karate Kid when I was younger, but like Juli, I can't remember the song (go figure).

    I find it's even tricky to drag and click pictures in Blogger because the little window is so small... I like to cut and paste in the HTML section. Come over sometime and I'll show you.... and it's easy to type in between the pictures, just click in between and type (like Lori said).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your boys! That is so awesome. And the Karate Kid song...Chris would so do the same thing. Makes me smile. :)

    And yes, I love that show.

    Sounds like you've got some help regarding your pictures, but I too can help you if you need. Give me a call. :)

    ReplyDelete