Monday, April 6, 2009

Cooking Redemption

I made rolls at my mom's house last weekend, as well as brownies. Neither turned out great. The rolls didn't raise and they tasted like rocks. The brownies were over cooked and dry. To my defense, the yeast at my mom's house was bad, so it wasn't my fault. Plus my mom's oven cooks hotter than mine--hence the dried out brownies. Jeremy told me that I needed to redeem myself. So this last week I made peanut butter bars that turned out (well, I assume so as the pan was gone by the end of the night). Then came the true test--the rolls:



Jeremy gave me the thumbs up! Thankfully they were great and my cooking self esteem is back. If I had lost my touch, the restaurants in American Fork would have had a LOT more business from my family and I. (Wait a minute!! What have I done??)

3 comments:

  1. Is is an easy recipe? They sure look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rolls look super yummy! There is a soft spot in my heart for homeade rolls.

    ReplyDelete