Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break??

This week is spring break for my kids. I imagined wonderfully warm days to go picnicking, riding bikes, and playing in the backyard. We have had ONE nice day this week. Thankfully we used it wisely and went to the zoo. We had a great time and enjoyed the weather. McKay enjoyed taking pictures of just about every animal in the zoo. This would be the longest post in history if I were to post all McKay's pictures. But here are a few of the ones I took. (Kids are cuter than animals anyway.)

This was Kayden's first visit to the zoo and he loved every minute of it. He would point then oooo and ahhhh over the animals. He was a lot of fun. He would have been even more fun if I would have remembered to pack his extra diapers. I will now take the time to thank the two strangers that saw my need and willingly gave me diapers: THANK YOU!! (How embarrassing.)


The apes at the zoo....oh wait, these are my kids (along with my friend's little boy).


At the end of the day we took a ride on the train. Josh was looking forward to it all day and was very excited. I placed Kayden between Josh and his little friend for a picture, and he got mad when I tried to put him on my lap for the actual train ride. He is growing up too fast, wanting to be with the big kids on the train.

Now that you know about our one nice day, that we spent at the zoo, let me mention that we woke up to a foot of snow this morning. I would have never thought that I would have needed to use my snow blower in the middle of April! But after breakfast, the kids put on their snow clothes (which I had put away) and went outside to play. They stomped around, shook snow off all the trees and bushes, and McKay and Joshua each built a snowman:


McKay's snowman that I nicknamed Bob the Blob


Joshua's snowman that I nicknamed Mini-Man. I love that he came in the house to ask for a carrot. The carrot is as big as the rest of the snowman. Hopefully this will be the last snow of the year until November!

2 comments:

  1. I love Bob in all his blobbiness! And that carrot... hehehe! I'm glad you were able to enjoy at least one day of spring break; the zoo looked like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been a serious downer! We made it to the park on the one good day, but the Zoo sounds much funner!

    ReplyDelete