Monday, October 19, 2009

The Fall Soccer Season

It was a great soccer season for my three oldest boys. They had great teams and great coaches. Here are a few highlights from the fall season:

We signed McKay up in the city league this year. He had a fun coach and team. McKay would play goalie the first half of the game and then he would play all over the field the second half. I SWEAR I had a picture of him being goalie, but I can't find it in any of my files. Bummer, because he was a GREAT goalie. You should see his drop kick. Above McKay is the team in red. (His team name was the "Bombers".) He was lining the ball up for a goal here (the one in red furthest right).

Don't you wish you had a high kick like Jaxon's? My word that boy can kick. Jaxon loves to play soccer and was very beneficial to his team this year. (His team name is the "Blue Flames".) He played all positions on the field, but his favorites are goalie and sweeper.

Here is Jaxon playing goalie. He stopped many goals from going in the net.

Josh was the biggest shocker of the season. When it came time for soccer sign ups, he did not want to play. But I signed him up anyway. I wasn't sure what he was going to do. He surprised us all when he was the team MVP scoring several goals each game (they don't have goalies in his league level). His team is the team in yellow. (His team name is the "Yellow Buzzers".) Can you tell which one Josh is? He is the one that is a head taller than everyone else on the field.

Here is Josh (number 9) dribbling the ball down the field to score a goal.

We can hardly wait for the spring season! All the snow will gone then, right?

2 comments:

  1. If only... must be nice attending your child's soccer game and then said child actually playing. Thanks for the pictures; I'll have to live my soccer mom dream vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear there is a family out there somewhere you has successful and happy soccer seasons! It just doesn't quite play out like that for us. :)

    Way to go, boys!

    ReplyDelete