Saturday, October 3, 2009

There Goes My Streak--

It took ten years of parenting. I thought I was going to make it. Then last week it happened when I ran across the street to borrow something from a neighbor. While I was gone, Josh got out the scissors and decided he and his friend, Kaden, had to cut the parts of their hair that was "sticking up". I didn't notice right away, in fact it took me until the next day to discover it. I just thought Joshua's hair was extra messy the next morning and wouldn't comb right. But when I went running in the morning with my friend Camie, Kaden's mom, she asked me about Josh's hair. I didn't know what she meant. She then told me that Kaden came home from my house with a chunk of hair missing!! I was horrified! I can't believe that I didn't notice either one of their hair. After much searching, I found the evidence:

Josh thought I wouldn't know. He even told Kaden's mom, "I didn't get in trouble because my mom doesn't know." With which she responded, "She does now!" Josh had three bald spots on his head. His longer hair was just covering them.

Needless to say, he had to get a buzz--an EXTREMELY short buzz. His friend had to get a buzz too, but not as short as Josh's (thank goodness). Hopefully Josh's friends' moms will still let their kids come over to play.

2 comments:

  1. Been there, done that. Don't want to do it again. Thank goodness buzz cuts work for your boys - and where are those pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I can sympathize entirely. At least it's our boys, right? Not so sure my little Olivia would look so cute with a buzz!

    ReplyDelete