Thursday, December 22, 2011

Surprise!

Jeremy came home from work a few nights ago and told me he needed to talk to me but that I needed to sit down first. I was thinking something bad must have happened. Instead he told me, "I didn't mean to, but I bought a car today." I was totally shocked. He had wanted it to be a surprise but the anxiety of not telling me got the best of him and he let his surprise out. An hour later a new van was delivered to our door. The boys had no idea and boy were they excited.....that is until I told them that we would have to trade our old van for the new one. Josh jumped out of the new van and got in the old one and refused to get out:

He was crying saying how he like our old van and that he wouldn't remember our old house if we didn't have our old van. (I see no connection here, but that is what he said.) I explained to him that our old van was getting old and that there were some things that weren't working anymore and that it was time to trade it in for a new one.

Once he realized this and understood that there really were things that weren't working, he wanted to make sure that we could take all of the things out of the old van and put them in the new van. He gathered everything up (above) and joyfully put it all in the new van.

Here are the boys (old and young) in the new van. As you can see they were excited. Kayden especially wanted nothing more than to trade in the old for the new. It was such a funny night that I had to capture the moment.

1 comment: