Tuesday, March 20, 2012

NOVA

McKay graduated from his school's NOVA program this month. NOVA stands for: Nurturing Opportunities Values Accountability. It reminded me a lot of the DARE program that I had when I was in school and teaching. An officer came to the school every Wednesday to talk to the sixth graders and teach them about being good citizens and making good choices.

Here is McKay with his class during the program.

McKay graduating and receiving his NOVA card from Officer Smith.

McKay and his card of completion. Way to go!

On a side note, I sat next to a friend of mine during the program and she gave me a fantastic recipe for a single serving chocolate cake that you make in your microwave. I thought I would share it:

Big Mug Cake
4 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
Mix together in a larger microwavable mug and then add:
1 Tbsp oil (or applesauce)
4 Tbsp milk
dash of vanilla

Microwave for 1 minute. Enjoy warm with a nice scoop of ice cream.

Thanks Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment