Monday, November 12, 2012

Five!

My baby had his birthday today.  (He insists that he isn't my baby.  But I say otherwise.)  He turned five.  Five seems old.  I can't believe how much he has grown up.  Here are some birthday highlights:

 First thing this morning we let him open one present.  Bedhead and all.  He was so excited.

He got a Captain American action figure that is riding a motorcycle.  He thought that was pretty cool.  He liked opening his present and playing with it all day.

All day long Kayden tried to negotiate opening the rest of his presents before his dad and brothers got home.  (It must have been pure torture for the kid not being able to open his presents all day.)  Finally I told him that one of his presents (the one he wanted to open) was underwear.  Suddenly the negotiations stopped.  He asked about his other present and if he could open that one.  I told him it was Rainbow Brite.  He paused for a minute and then burst into tears.  He cried, "But I don't want underwear and Rainbow Brite for my birthday!"  So I told him he would just have to wait until his dad and brothers got home then.

 After much waiting, everyone was home.  He immediately ran to the fireplace where his presents were for the ceremoniously bump on the head so he could finally open his presents.

 It took him a bit to think of a wish to give us.  He came up with: 1- I wish you to all go on a mission. 2- I wish you all to go on another mission.  (I convinced him to change mission to vacation.)  3- I wish everything wasn't real.  (Whatever that means.)

 He received a couple of Lego Ninjago sets.  He loves the sets--especially the Lego Ninja dudes.

 Here he is happy that his presents weren't underwear and Rainbow Brite.  He was excited to start putting Legos together.

After going out to dinner as a family, we came home and had some ice cream cake and sang Happy Birthday to him.  It was a fun day.

Five Things That We Love About Kayden:
  1. He loves to draw pictures and give them to us.  He often tapes them to our wall for a surprise.
  2. He has a contagious giggle.  I love that sound.
  3. He loves to dress up and use his imagination.  His friends love to dress up with him.
  4. He often surprises us with his precocious knowledge.  What comes out of his mouth makes me smile.
  5. He loves playing with his friends.  He often rides his scooter (wearing one sock--go figure) to the neighbors to collect his friends and bring them back to play with him.  He loves his friends!
Happy Birthday Kayden!  We love you and have learned so much from you.  Thank you for being my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment