Monday, August 12, 2013

Jaxon Goes To Clear Creek

Jaxon headed to Clear Creek this summer and was out on his own for a whole week.  He was a little hesitant to go, but had a great time.  He blogged about experience his experience below.  Here is a picture of Jaxon as he was just about to board the bus:


I am glad he had fun, but I was glad to have him back at the end of the week!

Hey guys this is Jaxon, I would like to tell you abut my week at clear creek.

 This is the cabin that I slept in.  It wasn't much, only bunk beds and our bags.  It was really fun.

 This is a pot gut.  I caught 3 pot guts. I didn't have my camera with me, but I found my camera in the middle of the week and took a picture of this one.  I caught my pot guts on Tuesday.  This is a different persons cage with a pot gut.    

 This is the Scofield Public School it was built in 1928. It was built the the year winter quarters mine stopped mining for coal.

 This is the Scofield jail.  People from my cabin started to lock people in.

 This is a picture of me in the jail house.
   
 This is the Scofield cemetery.  Over 100 bodies are there from the Winter Quarters mine disaster.  We had to look for certain graves it was almost impossible to find any.  But we heard some pretty good ghost stories.

 This is me with my second place ribbon for rock collection during the awards.  I earned some merit badges for scouts too. 

It was a pretty fun week.

No comments:

Post a Comment