Saturday, July 16, 2016

Josh and Clear Creek

In between fifth and sixth grade kids in our school district have the opportunity to go to Clear Creek Camp.  Both McKay and Jaxon got to go and this year was Josh's turn.  He had a great time and loved everything at camp (except for maybe some of the food).  I will let Josh tell you about his camp experience:

Every time we had an activity we would meet at the flag pole.  We had a flag ceremony on Thursday and Friday, but the teachers forgot all the other days.  I got to go to Clear Creek with one of my best friends, Eli.  This is when we got off the bus at the end of the week.

We did relay races on the first day.  We also played getting to know you games.  I got to know some of the kids in my group.

We got to eat snacks at night.  They told us not to be hyper after eating the candy bar.  Most kids got hyper anyway.  In the bottom picture, we were learning about the wild.  We also got to visit Skyline Mine (right).

We got to listen to an actual miner and learn about his job.  The bus ride there and back was fun too.  We did learning activities every day (right).

We had fun out in the wilderness and even played in a stream (bottom).  I got to trap pot guts so I took a selfie right by my trap (top).  On this day we got to make corn dolls out of corn husks (right).

We made and played with boon-dogles (top left).  We went to Schofield and learned about the mine disaster at Winter Quarters Mine (top right).  We went to an old jail.  It was called Cooler Jail--because it was cool in there but it was a prison.  Then we went to the Scholfield school.  It was old, but it was actually in pretty good shape.

The top left picture was part of the Skyline Mine.  Part of the mine even went under Clear Creek!  I found a Sego Lilly--it is our state flower.  We did wood cuts.  We polished the wood and then wrote on them.  I decided to take a picture of my wood cut.  The bones are a skeleton of a dead deer.  I thought it was disgusting.

We collected bugs from the stream that we played in (top left).  There are six cabins.  Four were for students.  The top right was when the bus driver ran into a ditch and hit a sewer lid.  It put a big dent in the bus--luckily we weren't on the bus!  The bottom right picture was the outside of the Cooler Jail that we visited.

This a bunch of animals and insects that we saw in a museum.  I liked the grizzly bear and it's wide open mouth the best (bottom left).

 This is the inside of the Scholfield school.  Why is there a ping pong table in there?

This is a picture of all the cabins.  The one on the farthest left was my cabin.  It was Buck Horn Inn.  I got to sleep on a top bunk right next to my friend Eli's top bunk.

This is my trap.  We decorated it with bacon duct tape.  The pot guts must like bacon because I caught six pot guts!  I was a master trapper.

I had fun and camp and I am glad that I got to go this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment