Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Haacke Reunion

My Uncle Kent passed away several years ago.  We were close with some of his children for a few years, but then we kind of lost touch.  They grew up in Alaska and now one still lives there and the rest in Florida.  It doesn't make it easy to stay in touch.  We were surprised when they contacted us saying they wanted to reconnect with their dad's side of the family.  So a big family reunion was planned for a Saturday afternoon and then the next few days we got to spend lots of time together.  It was so fun to reconnect!

 My cousin Shawn and I.  He has some severe disabilities, but he is the life of the party and you can't help but smile and laugh when you are with him.  His brothers and sisters love him!

 He loved Boston!


On their last night in town we got together and played some games and chatted.  From left to right: my mom, John, Tawnya, Dan, myself and Jim.  It was a great few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment