Monday, August 17, 2009

Pioneer Day 2009

So I am a little behind. I was busy. Then I was anxious to blog about Florida.
We loved the 24th of July (Pioneer Day). We had such a great time. Jeremy's brother and his wife (Weston and Jennise) and Jeremy's parents and brother Todd came over for a BBQ and some fireworks. My parents and a couple that they baptized while on their mission joined us just in time for our fireworks.

My niece, Olivia, and Josh getting their glow sticks put together while watching the fireworks.

Kayden loves fireworks.....and glow sticks.

Watching the fireworks are (from the left): Jennise holding Caleb, Weston, Grandma White, Grandma Haacke, Kayden, Aleice, Ky (the couple my parents taught and baptized on their mission), Todd, Grandpa Haacke, Grandpa White and Olivia and Josh are on the blanket.

Jaxon and McKay helped Jeremy put on a great fireworks show.

Fireworks graveyard. After all the fireworks had be lit off, this is what was left.

After the fireworks, we went in the backyard and played a little glow in the dark basketball. Below is what it looked like, but the picture turned out fuzzy, so I took another one (the above picture).

The ball glowed in the dark and then we put glow sticks around the hoop so you could see where to shoot the ball. It was a fun night!

*What did you do for Pioneer Day?
**Have you ever played glow in the dark basketball?

1 comment:

  1. 1: I wished I was in Utah.
    2: Never even heard of it! But how fun.

    ReplyDelete