Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Curse of the Rubiks Cube

McKay got a Rubiks Cube for his birthday a few months ago. Once it was out of the package, it immediately it looked like this:
The Rubiks Cube was recently found by McKay wondering how on Earth he could get the Rubiks Cube back to it's original form. I have never solved a Rubiks cube. Jeremy and I were laughing because when we were younger we both had taken one all the way apart and pieced it back together claiming it solved. Jeremy told him he could probably figure it out by looking it up on the internet. Since I had always wanted to solve "the cube" I looked up a solution online. I learned a lot about the puzzle cube, but was overwhelmed by the task at hand to solve it. I passed the buck. Jeremy stayed up until 2:00 a.m. last night with You Tube and although he got close, the Rubiks Cube still looked like this:
He claimed his brain had shut down. 24 hours after having start to solve the Rubiks Cube and much diligence and patience, the Rubiks Cube finially looked like this:
Whew! Way to go Jeremy! He didn't even have to take it apart (or remove the stickers). I am impressed!

*Did you have a Rubiks Cube when you were young?
**Did you ever take it apart (or take the stickers off) to get the cube back to normal?
**Ever solve one with or without help? I am impressed if you have!

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! I used to try to take the stickers off, but it never looked right...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... it could be taken apart? Doh! Not that I ever solved it; I was as pleased with myself as one could be to get 2 1/2 colors. I never thought to remove the stickers or take it apart. And now it's becoming more clear why I could never solve it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's impressive! I've never figured one out either, but never would have thought to take it apart or remove the stickers. I'm a chicken/rule-follower through and through! :)

    ReplyDelete