Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fifth Grade Music Performance

It is the end of another term and therefore McKay got got perform with the rest of the fifth grade in a very patriotic music performance. I had to blink the patriotic tears back a few times so I wouldn't embarrass my fifth grader. They sang great songs like Hope of America, Nifty Fifty United States, Presidents Club (where they sang all the names of the Presidents in order), Star Spangled Banner, This Train and other songs that make you happy to be an American.

All of the fifth grade have matching red shirts that they will wear later next month for the "Hope of America" program.

They sang that Star Spangled Banner in sign language. It was pretty cool.

McKay even learned to play the ukulele in music class this year. I was impressed.

They learned some fun line dances. This is a time where I really wish that the video camera had been all charged up. I know for next time.

I am looking forward to the "Hope of America" program that will be at the middle of May. Watch for an upcoming post in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment