Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jax Got The Pox

No one gets the Chicken Pox anymore, am I right? And of course I vaccinated my children, so I thought we were in the clear. I knew Jaxon had been exposed to a child that had a case of the Chicken Pox (who was also vaccinated), but never did I think that he would come down with a case. Well I was wrong. Wednesday night Jaxon complained of a headache and then Thursday night when he got out of the shower he was covered in red dots. Poor guy. He had to miss school on Friday and stay in all weekend. Then Sunday was Fast Sunday. McKay had his first real fast (no food, no water for two meals). It was hard for him. So I asked McKay what he had fasted for. He told me he fasted for Jaxon's Chicken Pox. I thought to myself, "Really?" Oh me of little faith. Sunday night I checked Jaxon to see if he had any new Chicken Pox only to discover that all his Chicken Pox had scabbed over! I was amazed. We told Jaxon that he could thank his brother that his Chicken Pox had healed.

It took some convincing, but Jaxon let me take some pictures:

He had at least 20 or so Chicken Pox on his back....

...and at least that many on his front.

He had a bunch on his face, neck and scalp including some behind his ears. He had a mild case--thanks to that vaccine. Now we are playing the waiting game. We will know in about two weeks if anyone else in the house will get the Chicken Pox. If they do, we will put them on McKay's prayer roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment