Saturday, September 3, 2011

Write Your Own Story Girl's Camp 2011

I LOVE girl's camp. I loved it as a youth and I love it just as much now (even though it requires a lot more work as a leader). Last year I went to girl's camp as the camp director, and this year I went as the first counselor in the young women's. I learned a lot about being a counselor verses a camp director. I loved being with the girls and I loved being with the other leaders. I feel very fortunate to have been associated with such wonderful girls and leaders. Here are a few of our adventures at camp this year:

Here are some of my Mia Maids: Haley, Shyann and Hannah sewing some bears for a humanitarian aid project. The bears were donated to local fire and police departments to give to children.

Here are some more of my girls sewing their bears: Chelsee, Emily and McKenna.

Here is our stellar leader Jill along with some more of my girls: Zoe, Karlie and Shae.

Quick, take a picture! I am actually sewing here! We may never see this again! I was helping one of the girls with her bear. Another one of my girls, Emily is sitting next to me. I think she was stunned that I was sewing as well.

Here I am posing in the infamous "red sweater" that our stake has with Rachael, Jane and Lyndsie and their finished bears.

Here is all of our ward young women and all the leaders wearing our camp t-shirts. The t-shirts had "Write Your Own Story" written down the side. They were extra cute.

Here we are being silly.

We were able to go to the ropes course while we were at camp. It happened to be my birthday that day. It was also the sister missionary's birthday as well. It was a great birthday!

Here I am at the ropes course with my good friend Kelly from another ward.

Getting all geared up for the ropes course.

My friend Raylyn and I set to go, but very nervous!

We had to climb a telephone pole...

...then walk our way across a tight rope. While I was on the tight rope, my girls started singing "Happy Birthday" to me. It made me smile. After the tight rope, we stepped off the "eagle's nest" and flew down a zip line. It was great fun!

Can I just say: Our skit rocked! We did a synchronized swimming skit that had to include a Dr. Seuss quote. We had one girl pretend she was texting during the whole skit so she "missed" the whole synchronized swimming show. It was a cool skit.

We had a great time out on the lake this year and no one fell in! Here are Emily and Megan and Natalie having a good row out on the lake. This was their first year and camp and they were wonderfully pleasant.

Here are Lynnae (the second counselor) and I in our paddle boat. Man those paddle boats are a lot of work!!

Chelsee, Matti and Jane posing for a picture. Chelsee and Matti went in the lake last year, so I an sure that they are having a much more pleasant time this go around.

Since it was such hard work to get our paddle boat to go anywhere, Lynnae and I came up with a plan to hook our boat onto one of the girl's canoe. We enjoyed the ride, but the girl's couldn't figure out why the canoe was suddenly so hard to paddle!

Jill and Raylyn looking cool on their paddle boat. (They always look cool.)

Barbara and Lisa paddling away!

Katie, Zoe and Lyndsie enjoying their first time at the lake.

Hannah, Shyann and Emily stopping by our paddle boat to say "Hello".

I love Heber Vally Camp. It is such a wonderful place where wonderful things happen and testimonies are strengthened. I look forward to the next time that I am able to go and participate in another girl's camp.

1 comment:

  1. Fun pictures! Camp was amazing and hard and so fun and rewarding and exhausting, no?

    ReplyDelete