Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ode To The Wiggles


This is the wiggles...Greg (the yellow wiggle in this picture is an impostor), Murray, Jeff and Anthony (my favorite). They are a part of, or was a part of, my kids' life. That is to say I am grateful for The Wiggles. Because of them I am able to take a shower each morning, exercise, fix dinner and do homework with my older boys. So here is my Ode to The Wiggles:

Thank you, Wiggles, for letting me be clean.
Thank you, also, for helping me be lean.
Without you dinner would not get done,
Without your songs homework would not be fun.
I love fruit salad and crunchy munchy honey cakes,
Hot potatoes and cold spaghetti, for goodness sakes.
So keep toot toot chugging chugging the Big Red Car,
Your video tapes and DVDs have traveled far.

**What show do your kids like?
**Are you grateful, like me, they have a favorite so you can use the bathroom alone?

3 comments:

  1. Use the bathroom alone? I only get to do that after 9PM. My kids have really gotten into Curious George and that's what they watch in the morning while I get ready. However, they barge in a bazillion times to see what I'm doing, to tell me what George is doing, or to tell me something bad the other one has done. There's no such thing as a peaceful shower/potty break. But I am glad that at least the show keeps them in a 15-foot radius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At our house we've moved past the Wiggles, but there are plenty of other shows (and Wii games) that do the trick. And to think that I was going to be one of those "hour-a-day" kind of moms :).

    ReplyDelete