Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Blood Run 2009

At the beginning of June Jeremy, McKay, Jaxon and I ran in the Blood Run 5K. It is a run that benefits children with Hemophilia (a rare blood disorder). This was my first race as a runner. (I walked the mile two years ago when I was pregnant with Kayden.) I have been running for a couple of years now (about two miles a day at least), and the blood run was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I don't think that me having the stomach flu a couple of days before the race helped. I ran an 11 minute mile and I ran the whole time without stopping (thanks to Jessica, Jeremy's sister, who gave me much motivation). Overall we had a great time and we are looking forward to next year!
The group of us that ran just before the race. From the left: Jaxon, Jessica (Jeremy's sister), Jeremy, McKay, Me, and some of the staff from Jeremy's office with their families.


Jessica and I finishing the race. Jeremy finished before I did (even though I run more often and longer than he does) so he was able to take pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray you! And everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, it just isn't fair that Jeremy can run less often and train less than you, but still finish first. Men. Sheesh.

    On the bright side, congrats to you! You are awesome and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete