Thursday, March 3, 2011

Luigi

Kayden has come to love the Mario Brothers from the Wii. He insists on being called Luigi and has changed his favorite color from yellow to green. He even says that he likes green for BYU (huh?). The bonus that comes with this is he has given everyone in the family a corresponding name:

Suki (the dog)- Toad
Josh- a doggie (no correspondence here--Josh pretends to be Kayden's...I mean Luigi's pet)
Jaxon- Yoshi
McKay- Mario
Dad- Bowser
Me- Princess (Short for Princess Peach)

That is right. He calls me princess and it is priceless. Here are a few instances that I have loved the most:

Calls from the bathroom that go something like, "Princess, I need you!" or "Princess I am all done!"
Or when I am disciplining him and he doesn't agree, "No Princess!"
Or when Jeremy (aka Bowser) is giving me a kiss, "Princess I will save you!"
Then at dinner time: "Hey Princess, what's for dinner?"

A couple of times it has caught me off guard and I can't help but break character and burst out laughing.

Here is my tough boy, Luigi, a week or so ago when he got a black eye. He had a run in with the staircase and didn't fare well. He likes to act tough....

...but he is still my sweet little boy that melts my heart every time he calls me Princess.

4 comments:

  1. that is way cute!! great memory to remember too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So. . .with Koopa Troopa yet unclaimed, does that mean I can be part of the A.K.A. fun, too? What do you think, Princess? I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest thing ever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it.... "Princess" is almost as good as "Goddess Divine", right? Coleman went through a phase where he called me "Batgirl" which I loved :).

    ReplyDelete