Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Monday News

Every Monday Jaxon's class sits in a circle and they share news of things that happened over the weekend. In the past he has shared silly news, serious news and I am sure plenty of nonsense news. Once he told his class that his brother has started growing armpit hair. Well, this week's news was...well...the way he told it was pretty funny. But first you need a little background information:

Jaxon was given a pocket knife at cub scouts a couple of months ago (much to my demise). Truth be told I know he has been itching to use it. We were given a box of oranges over the weekend and he saw his chance. He begged us to let him make that box into a helmet with the help of his pocket knife. Jeremy kept warning him and telling him to be careful. The next thing we knew blood was coming from his finger and he was saying, "I was being careful!" Jaxon kept saying, "I was being careful and my finger wasn't in the way!" I guess it is a mystery how his finger got cut then. He had a nice chunk of finger missing. Nothing too bad--at least nothing that required stitches.

Now back to Monday News. I asked Jaxon yesterday what he shared with his class for Monday News. This is what he told me: "First, I asked my class who had seen a PG-13 movie and who was allowed to see a PG-13 movie. Then I told all the kids that hadn't seen a PG-13 movie or who weren't allowed to see a PG-13 movie to close their eyes and plug their ears. (You can only imagine at this point that I was seriously concerned about what it was that he shared with his class.) Then I told the rest of my class how cut I my finger with my pocket knife and that it was all bloody and gross." Boy! I sure am glad that he was thoughtful to all of his "sensitive" classmates and made them close their eyes and plug their ears. Oh how I wish I could be fly on the wall in his classroom!

2 comments:

  1. Lol!!! I got the toned down version at my house today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny! glad you asked for the story, what a great memory!

    ReplyDelete