Monday, May 9, 2011

Framing Begins

Things look different every time we pull up to the lot now. They got this much done in a day with a two man crew (the other guy called in sick):

I was impressed. I thought it was a lot.

Until I came back the next day and found that most of the basement had been framed and that the next day the trestles were going to be laid.

Kayden having a good time finding his way around the maze of wood.

The basement mostly framed along with the trestles and ceiling in place.. Jeremy is standing in the hall between Jaxon's and McKay's rooms.

This is our walkout basement. There will be a rock wall there with a waterfall. There will also be stone steps leading up to the backyard.

The trestles and the floor from the top. The hole in the middle is the stairs leading to the basement.

My boys love going out to the lot to check things out and to play. They love the equipment that is out there and think that it is for their entertainment.

One day while we were there they placed the front kitchen wall.

Things really look different at the lot now being able to see things from the top. This day the garage and half the main floor was framed.

Here is my Kayden with all the work that has been done on the main level. The kitchen, pantry, bathroom, mud room, laundry room and living room has all been framed.

I was excited to see our steel beam go into place. This beam allows us to have a wide open space from the kitchen into the great room with no posts to block views. I was impressed that only six guys lifted this huge contraption into place.

I have loved working with our builders Scott and Brian from R.C. Dent. They are really fun and make me feel relaxed about the whole building process. I am looking forward to the rest of the building process and the final move in day!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your house really is coming along so quickly! I'm excited for you guys. I know you may have mentioned this and I probably missed it, but where are you building? It's beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! It's so fun to see the progress, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete