Friday, May 6, 2011

Hope of America

All the 5th grade students in Utah County gather in the Marriott Center every May and sing songs that are dedicated to our country. McKay was able to participate this year and I loved watching and hearing he and his class (along with 300 other kids) sing patriotic songs.
Here is McKay getting ready to go with his friend Lane and his teacher Mrs. Moedl.

All the kids put together made quite a spectacular flag. McKay and his class are in the middle section, second red stripe from the top.

They sang a really cool song at the end called We Can Be A Light where they turned out the lights and the kids all had flashlights. It was McKay's favorite song in the program.

Now bring on the fireworks!

1 comment:

  1. Grace was able to participate in this too! She loved it! The song with the flashlights at the end was my fave too. I forgot my camera, so I'm totally stealing the pics from your blog to use on mine...thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete