Saturday, May 30, 2009

Excitement For Florida

We are heading out to Florida this summer for a family reunion. My boys are out of their mind excited. Jaxon even wrote about going to Florida twice in school (plus countless journal entries).


This is what his papers say, with his spelling (it is hard to tell in the picture):
1- I am going to florda. It's going to be asam. I am gana go to go in the summr. There is gana be a hug slid. There is a hug room. There are bathrooms.
2- Next sumr I am going to florda. When I get there. I am going to woch tv. I do not no with thr are bathrooms.

If you can't tell, I think he obsessed with the bathrooms at the hotel. He wants to make sure he knows where they are as soon as we arrive to the hotel. To help with the excitement, Grandma Haacke told them they can earn spending money for Florida by saving aluminum cans. So they have asked their grandmas and grandpas (because they drink the most soda) to save all their cans. They have three sacks full so last week we had a can smashing party.


They were all helping to smash the cans, even Kayden. I don't know how much money they will get from their cans, but at least they feel involved and that they can have their own spending money for the vacation.

1 comment:

  1. A bathroom obsession, eh? Can't say he'll be alone... Uncle C will be doing the same thing. And I love that the boys are earning money. I should try that with Camron and Meaghan.

    ReplyDelete