Saturday, February 27, 2010

Puppet Show Time

Children's Dental Awareness Month has come and I have been out puppeteering. I was able to do four puppet shows this year--one of which was at my kids' school. Last year I was the puppeteer for Dudley Dinosaur, but this year I learned two new puppets. I was the puppeteer for either Dr. Fossilrock-- a paleontologist who travels back in time to study why dinosaurs have such healthy teeth, or Dr. Molar-- a dentist who magically appears to help one of our dinosaur friends who doesn't brush his teeth (Rocky the dinosaur thinks that breath mints are all he needs). This year we were even written up in the Daily Herald News Paper. I enjoyed all four puppet shows and also enjoyed getting to know other members of the Provo Dental Alliance.

Here I am puppeteer with other members of the alliance. I am all the way to the left with Dr. Fossilrock.

Here are all the puppets at the end of the show. From left to right: Dr. Fossilrock (a time traveling paleontologist), Dr. Molar (a time traveling dentist that saves the day), Rocky (who doesn't like to brush his teeth), Daisy (Rocky's girlfriend who passes out because of Rocky's bad breath), and Dudley Dinosaur (who has excellent dental health)

1 comment: